On Tuesday February 23, 2016 The Virginia Real Estate Appraisal Board adopted the United States Veterans Affairs’ Roanoke Regional Loan Center Appraisal and Inspection Fee Schedule as published and updated from time to time, as a government agency fee schedule which AMC’s may use as a presumption of compliance with the requirement to provide customary and reasonable compensation to Virginia fee appraisers. VA Appraisal Fees for Virginia, DC, Maryland and West Virginia are $450 for SFR / Condo / MH and $600 for 2-4 Family.
The Appraisal Fee Reference by a la mode, or AFR, is a 2010 guide to median and average fees observed between clients and independent fee appraisers for a URAR report. It provides statistical data on hundreds of thousands of URAR transactions at the national, regional & state levels, covering 3,221 counties. Nationwide, the median observed appraisal fee was $350, with average of $351.
Other appraisal fee studies:
- Virginia adopted VA Fee Schedule (2016)
- Mike Ford, AGA, Draft Proposal for Minimal National Appraiser Fees (2015)
- The Texas Appraisers and Appraisal Management Company Survey (2015)
- Virginia Study on Customary & Reasonable Fees for Residential Appraisals (2014)
- Utah Study on Customary & Reasonable Fees for Residential Appraisals (2014)
- Louisiana Appraisal Fee Study (2012)